Every Saturday, Coached hosts a group video call for our athletes. We share updates, celebrate results, and answer athlete questions. Now and then, we invite a guest with expertise in a specific area to join our call and educate our team.
Recently, we had Andy Blow call in from a campsite in the UK, where he was enjoying the weekend with his family. Andy is the founder of Precision Hydration and is a wealth of knowledge for all athletes who want to hydrate optimally.
Rather than keep his words of advice to ourselves, I thought it would be worth sharing here.
In this video, Andy shares…
- Why proper hydration is essential for athletes
- Why you have to be careful of chronic dehydration
- Why avoid overhydration
- The effects of taking too much sodium
- How long it takes your body to absorb sodium
- How to plan hydration for training/racing in colder climates
- How To Start Hydrated
- How To Measure Your Sweat Rate
- Does Having Clear Pee Mean You’re Hydrated?
- Nutrition/Hydration Planning For Endurance
Book A Video Call With A PH Sweatspert
Pic: Jake Baggerly